The aim of this project is to learn and apply KhalifaSat Calibration and Validation (Cal/Val) activities in order to capture good quality images according to the system requirement. This project was done under direct supervision of the image processing team at MBRSC.
KhalifaSat Cal/Val Activities include:
- Modulation Transfer function (MTF)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR)
- Focal Length [data analysis and parameters update]
- Line of Sight[data analysis and parameter update]
- Attitude Bias Estimation[data analysis]
- MTF kernel generation
The geometric calibration process relies solely on updating the sensor parameters through three main steps: Attitude Bias Estimation (ABE), Focal Length, Line of Site (LOS).
The validation Process consists of validating the quality of the satellite images and verifying that they meet the system requirements.
- Eng. Mina Talal Ahmed
- Eng. Nour Aburaed